I have been nominated for the Golden Bloggerz Award by my blog reader Priya Prakash. Thanks a lot Priya. Her posts on different subjects are pretty much an online tuition free of cost for students. Truly appreciate her way of giving back to the community. Do visit her blog – Priya’s Learning Centre.
What is the Golden Bloggerz Award?
The Golden Bloggerz Award was created by Chris Kosto to motivate and reward all the amazing bloggers who work hard every day to serve their audiences and deserve some recognition.
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Mention the rules.
- Mention the award creator and link to their blog.
- Thank whomever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Tell your audience three things about you.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate 10 people who deserve this award.
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice.
- Let the nominees know of their nomination by commenting on their social media or blog.
- Share links to 2-3 of your best/favorite posts.
Three Things About Me:
- Am an Osho Sanyasin.
- Love travelling, writing and reading.
- I go with the flow and sometimes try to direct the flow :).
My answers to questions by Priya :
Q1 – What’s your focus in life right now ?
A – The biggest focus in our lives right now is to stay healthy, physically and mentally. The pandemic has locked us up inside our homes and brought our lifestyles into sharp focus. Most of us were eating unhealthy, not exercising enough and were moving towards lifestyle diseases like high blood pressure and diabetes. For the past three years, Krishnan and I have prioritised health over everything else because that’s the ticket to enjoying life’s show.
Q2 – What kept you going during the lockdown ?
A – Walking, Friends & family, ShikshaDaan, reading and writing, in that order :). I managed to walk 10000 steps on average every single day from March 1 2020 to Feb 28 2021, a whole year. It did a lot of good to my mental well being as well as physical well being.
Q3 – What do you appreciate about your life ?
A – I appreciate everything about my life and am deeply grateful. Every single incident, every single person who is part of my life has added value to it and has made me who I am. At this point in time, I love the fact that I am able to spend all my time on my passions (travelling, blogging and reading) and my life purpose (giving back through ShikshaDaan).
Q4 – What was your first blog post about ?
A – My first blog post on Jan 1, 2012 was about my eldest aunt Padmasini, who is a role model in my life. She was the first person to see me as soon as I was born and left a very deep impression on me when I lived with her for a few months during college.
Q5 – Do you think the current education system fully prepares children for the needs of 21st century ?
A – The NEP 2020 has brought about some major shift in the education system, but for the impact to be felt, it will take a few years. In my opinion, school and college education should be focussed on building the child’s resilience and giving him/her the tools to face life. I would like the focus on marks to go away and focus to be back on learning. A student today is only thinking about how the education can get him/her a job but not about getting prepared to lead a good life – two very different things. Teachers also need to re-orient themselves but that won’t happen till the society’s mindset changes.
Questions for my Nominees:
- Top three happiest moments of your life ?
- Who is the one historical figure that you would like to meet and why ?
- How has the pandemic changed you ?
- Why do you blog ?
- Which is your favourite travel destination in the whole world and why ?
Favorite Posts from My Blog:
Earliest viral blog – A letter to Mr. Aiyar