I have been thinking, rethinking and further thinking some more for a year about buying an oven. I had a microwave oven till 5 years back. Gave that away because of all the negative feedback about microwaves in general. Am still unsure if all the feedback is valid. The only thing I agreed with was the fact that microwave ovens use plastic cookware and however great the plastic is, its a health hazard.
Finally I took the decision to buy an OTG. I spoke to some of my friends who are expert bakers and then started shortlisting OTGs on Amazon. Almost everyone suggested I buy a Morphy Richards OTG. I found one 60 Litre OTG that was on sale and bought it. It arrived the next day and the minute I looked at the box, I knew this was going back to Amazon :):). I still took out the oven and put it in the kitchen. It filled half my kitchen slab… and I have a decent sized kitchen. I quickly repacked it and initiated a return.
Rajesh and Seema came home a day after I returned the Morphy Richards OTG. Seema spoke of how she uses her Air Fryer for making samosas, tikkis etc. I went back to my research on Amazon and found Havells Air Oven Digi was on sale. Neither the Havells website nor the Amazon website had complete details !! I read every single review and decided to take a chance and ordered the Air Oven.
The minute I unpacked the Air Oven, I was happy. It is compact, just big enough for a sporadic baker like me. It comes with a rotisserie drum, two baking/grill trays, a large Airfryer basket, and a drip tray.
I have made several snacks on the Air Oven besides baking bread and experimenting with eggless cakes.
- A few things to remember –
- The rotisserie drum has to be fitted with the lid-side being on the right. It does not rotate otherwise
- You can use steel boxes or plates to bake flat bread or pizzas etc.
- There is an option to de-hydrate spices, nuts, vegetables etc which is very useful.
- Always use the grill/baking tray in the second slot, closer to the bottom. Things get burnt in the edges otherwise.
- Please insert the steel mesh below the fan (in the roof of the oven’s cavity) before using the Air Oven.
- I am yet to make crisp chips of any kind – so the jury is out on that one still.
I found a good video online. Please view this before making your decision on whether to buy this Air fryer + OTG combo or not.
Now let’s see how long I stay excited about baking :):). Homemade Bread.
8 thoughts on “Product Review – Havells Air Oven Digi”
Awesome read! I loved the look of the dishes you prepared…. I always love reading your articles
Thanks Gurleen 😍
Did you try baking? How does it come out?
Yes have been baking breads and cakes. Comes out really well.