This is the view right now (around10.15 am) from our 12th floor home –
What is being done to solve this issue ? Can the honourable Supreme Court intervene now ? Can the Central govt and the incompetent-Yugpurush CM of Delhi work together to resolve this health hazard ?
Some ideas that come to my mind –
1. There are trees and plants that can be planted which will help – why not plant the Tulsi all over the city ? Rather than the infamous “keekar” and useless Eucalyptus, can other shrubs or trees be planted ? Actually can some grown trees be “transplanted” from other cities where they are being cut down ?
2. Why do farmers have to burn the wheat stalks …. aren’t they good for cattle fodder ?
3. Can all construction work be stopped for three months ?
4. Stop new car sales temporarily – let people use public transport. Yes even the Delhi elite. Import electric buses if need be to tide over this season.
5. Ban cutting of trees in Delhi NCR. Only transplantation must be allowed.
If with my limited knowledge I can come up with 5 ideas am sure smarter and better people can come up with several more.
On an aside Taimur’s mom is peddling a “Pallution” buster from Honeywell…. can Honeywell build a mega “Pallution” buster for Delhi NCR ? Get paid for it but at least make an attempt.
Here’s a picture as I complete writing the blog, 40 minutes later –