Research says hugging is great for health.. Don’t believe me ? Read this article 7reasons why we should be giving more hugs. In the whole world today, there is one man who is an exception to this research :). You guessed it right, our dearly beloved Delhi CM, Arvind Kejriwal. One hug of his has sworn him off hugs am sure !
Let’s see the 7 reasons to hug more and see how they worked in AK’s case –
1. They make us feel good … Because for Aam Aadmi’s like you and me, hugs release oxytocin, the feel good hormone. When Lalu pulled AK into the tainted hug, oxytocin was released for both, it felt good then, see their smiles in the picture below, but the aftermath released huge anxiety hormones in AK. 🙂
2. More hugs = lower blood pressure. Again this is true for Aam Aadmees like you and I. It feels nice when you receive or give a tight hug to a friend, spouse or family member. It means a lot. It conveys love and affection and automatically lowers blood pressure. The article says “When someone touches you, the sensation on your skin activates pressure receptors called Pacinian corpuscles, which then send signals to the vagus nerve, an area of the brain that is responsible for (among many things) lowering blood pressure”. Poor AK. The hug above had the opposite effect. AK didn’t know how to deal with the backlash so he tried backing out of an already delivered hug by saying, Lalu pulled him into it. Lalu has lots of experience with fodder and provided fodder for many people by hugging AK. What a cute smile Lalu has !
3. They (hugs) may alleviate our fears – the article says “In a study on fears and self-esteem, research published in the journal Psychological Science revealed that hugs and touch significantly reduce worry of mortality. The studies found that hugging — even if it was just an inatimate object like a teddy bear — helps soothe individuals’ existential fears.” Ah, my heart goes out to AK. First time that he had to “do” something as the CM of Delhi, he ended up coughing incessantly. Psychosomatically, coughing means the person is unable to say what’s in his mind :). This hug has certainly elevated AK’s existential fears, not alleviated any fears ! Now he may have to take Modiji’s help for his security like the women of his state. Hey, AK was ready to provide security only to Ghulam Ali… As the cartoon below says.
4. Hugging can be good for our hearts – literally says the article. AK’s heart has been missing a beat ever since the hugging incident. People are even questioning his integrity, just intolerant people who don’t understand his “inter” gritty… He is gritty, in intervals. This hug quickened many of our heartbeats too .. Many Aam Aadmees are wondering if they voted for the wrong guy, yet again. But it’s too late. AK’s heartbeat quickened because he now has to find new ways to fool the Aam Aadmees. What a fool….ish thing he did, by opening his cards in public. The hug now forever etched in newsprint, filed away by the wily PM to be used appropriately. Hmmmm..
5. Adults can benefit from hugging the most – The article says “By hugging someone, we instantly feel closer to that person and decrease feelings of loneliness.” Hugging AK definitely decreased Lalu’s feelings of loneliness and vice versa. AK felt closer to Lalu than ever before but because he hugged the symbol of corruption, Aam Aadmees suddenly felt lonely. After all, he is the self proclaimed anti corruption crusader … But how could he refuse the “power” hug ??
6. Hugs are a natural stress reliever … By reducing levels of cortisol in the blood. Hahahahahaha the cortisol in Lalu’s blood transferred to AK. See the cartoon below –
7. Well-hugged babies are less stressed as adults. Sure, all of us are a product of Nature and Nurture. Politically AK is a baby and Lalu will nurture him well. He is already endowed with a keen politicking nature, with Lalu’s nurturing, expect him to shine.
What a hug !! In one hug, AK went from Aam to Khas.
For non-Hindi readers, the Hindi words are explained below. Khas – Special; Aam- Common; Aadmees – people (literally means men, but used for people);
Categories: Political Ponderings